Monday, January 24, 2011

Well... Alrighty Then

I made the decision a couple of weeks ago not to worry about my diet until after February 1st, when my attacker's trial is scheduled to begin. While I am sincerely committed to taking better care of my health, I know myself well enough to know that when I am as stressed-out as I am right now, my appetite goes to pot and I really need to eat what I want when I want. Not a healthy way to live your life, I know, but I'm not going to kick myself for it this time. I make no apologies for how anxious I am right now.

In the last week or so, I have been besieged by people commenting on how good I look and how proud they are of me for my weight-loss journey. I've been stymied, because I haven't been paying one bit of attention to what I'm eating. If I want frosted sugar cookies for dinner, I'm eating frosted sugar cookies for dinner. Or conversation hearts. Or whatever the heck crosses my mind.

So imagine my shock to step on the scale this morning and discover that I've actually lost 3 pounds in the past 2 weeks, which bring me to 9 pounds total. Not where I'd hoped to be 6 weeks into my challenge to myself, but all things considered, I'll take it.

And, as soon as we go to trial, I'll jump back on the wagon.

Tonight, I will eat cheese with wasabi mustard for dinner. :)

1 comment: