Monday, January 10, 2011

It's Not a Set-Back...

Another week of careful, thoughtful, healthy eating and near-daily work-outs = weight loss. That's the equation, right?

Not necessarily.

I almost cried when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that the number hadn't budged. I thought to myself "You've GOT to be kidding me! All that meal-planning and portion control and not overindulging when I went out for sushi with friends and I didn't lose a single pound? What the heck is going on?!?"

And then I thought about it for a second, and I realized exactly what the heck is going on. Not only am I working out, which means I'm adding muscle mass, but I'm a woman. And women often tend to fluctuate in weight - and by "fluctuate", I mean "gain" - at certain times of the month. And I'm a salt-craver during that TOM - I've been eating healthy, but I've also been eating salty, especially the past couple of days.

So, instead of beating myself over the head about a plateau, I'm just going to stick with the healthy eating and daily exercise. Next week's weigh-in should be a better one.

1 comment:

  1. I can completely relate - the eating, exercising, TOM, not budging scale. But, I figured it was a victory that it didn't go up, and I am SO ready for next weeks weigh-in.

    ReplyDelete