Monday, December 27, 2010

Wii Wish You a Merry Christmas


In terms of weight loss, week two was significantly less successful than week one. I actually gained back half of the weight (2.5 pounds) I lost during week one. I'm not actually that upset about it, though, because:
a) It was Christmas week, and I went out with friends 4 times (and my parents sent me wasabi cashews in my Christmas package... I have ZERO self-control when it comes to those things!), and
b) I worked out 3 days in a row, including on Christmas Day.

I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with EA Active for Wii. I am currently doing the 30-Day Challenge, which requires a minimum of 20 minutes of exercise (using the Wii) per day. The first two days, I let the program choose which workouts I would do; on day 3, I created a custom workout that involves a lot of kicking and punching - I really love kickboxing, because it's a great workout and it gets out some of the anger/stress/aggression I am feeling about the upcoming trial. I actually look forward to throwing on my yoga pants and a workout top and getting my kickbox on!

I am incredibly sore today, but that's a good thing because it means I am giving my muscles a good workout. I'm sure that as I progress in my fitness program, the muscle pain will decrease (my friends thought the fact that I could barely get up and down a shallow set of stairs because my thighs were hurting so badly was pretty amusing). I'm committed to doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment