Monday, December 20, 2010

5 Down, 30 to Go!


In spite of a number of holiday parties - and my discovery of a wonderful little product called Whipahol (oh. mah. gah.) - I managed to drop five pounds during my first week of 35 by 35! While I know that it's not healthy to regularly lose more than a pound or two per week, five pounds is actually a little less than I typically drop during my first week of diet and exercise. Chalk it up to the holidays. :D

This week's photo is of my first "goal" dress. I am not normally a person who buys a piece of clothing in hopes of being able to fit into it "someday." I found this dress about a week before I left for Malaysia and it just screamed "Kristen" - it's funky and hippy and seriously retro, three things I LOVE in clothing right now. Even though it didn't quite fit, I could SO see myself wearing it - with a little cardi, some tights, and my never-would-have-paid-full-price-but-got-them-on-sale-at-Overstock Italian leather ankle boots - to work. And it was on clearance for 8 bucks. I HAD to have it.

And one day soon, I will wear that little retro-hippy dress. And I will look FABULOUS in it. Because I am DRIVEN to finally start taking care of myself, mind, body, and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment